Taking care of Italian shoes for women is a breeze if done the right way!
High-quality footwear, such as Italian ankle boots womens wear does not require a lot of maintenance and, if taken care of properly with the basic steps, can last you for quite a bit of time. A little maintenance is all it takes to keep your boots good as new.
When you purchase a new pair, there’s no need for immediate polishing and cleaning. You can wear them straight out of the box! It is good to clean them after wearing them for quite some time. You can go to a cleaner, but if you don’t have the luxury, you can clean them on your own.
Here is a guide to take care for your boots the right way:
1. Cleaning Leather Boots
- Women’s shoes made in Italy are usually made of leather. To clean them, one must first remove the collected dirt on the boots with a brush.
- Once that is done, they should be left to air dry for a day. But they should never be kept in a place with direct sunlight. Keeping them in direct sunlight will dry out the leather and cause damage.
- Use a leather polish or spray on the leather. This will help in maintaining your boots for the long run. If you are using them for the first time, spray it on an inconspicuous area to ensure that the color matches.
- If you are using a polish, see to it that you use a cloth or brush. You have to rub the polish on the boot in a circular motion to clean them correctly. Make sure you’re using the proper methods for your shoes.
- Once everything is done, use a cloth to wipe off the residue.
2. Cleaning Suede Boots
- The first thing to do is use a suede brush and dust-off excess dirt. The sooner the dirt is off, the lesser the chances of a stain forming on your boots.
- Remove any scuff marks with a gum eraser and wipe away the debris.
- Take the suede brush and damp it with a little water. Pour a small amount of suede and leather cleaner on the brush. Now clean the shoe and focus more on the spot with stains.
- Dab your Italian shoes for women with a clean towel. This will remove excess moisture and leave them to dry.
- Once they are dehydrated, put water and stain repellent spray to keep your women’s shoes made in Italy as exclusive for years to come.
- Another excellent way is to waterproof them before you wear them because even a little bit of water will harm your suede boots.
3. Cleaning Canvas
- Scrub away patches with a soft-bristled brush. If you don’t have one, you can use an old toothbrush.
- Take a cloth or a soft-bristled brush and dip it into some warm water. Use this to clean the entire surface.
- Wipe away excess water. Use a towel to absorb all the excess moisture.
- Never put them in a tumble dryer to clean. It will damage the whole boot.
How to store Italian leather boots?
Italian boots are usually made of leather. Hence, they can crack and dry out fast if the boots are not stored properly. The best way to save them is in a temperature-controlled place and away from direct sunlight. Keeping them wrapped in paper and plastic will keep all the dirt and dust away. All this will also keep your boots moisturized.
It is advisable to keep light and dark leather away from each other. This is because the colors can absorb each other, and that color can’t be removed. It is vital to use the right tools to clean your Italian ankle boots for women.
- Never use an artificial source of light to dry your boots. This will make the material of your shoes hard. It will also lead to the shrinking of your shoes as well as add cracking.
- If the boots become scuffed and worn, use a leather conditioner on your boots.
- Avoid exposing them to chemicals. They are highly damaging and, if used, can immediately damage your boots.
- Use only good quality cleaning substances. Make sure that the ones you are using are material specific. Also, keep in mind that they should match the color of your boots.
- Remove the laces (if any) before you clean your boots.
- If there is a harsh stain on the boot, one can use a solution of warm water and mild soap. Applying this solution to the area with the stain with a cloth or brush. Then gently move it in circles to get rid of the stain.
- Always dry your boots after cleaning. Leaving them wet or with residue will lead to moisture build-up. This build-up will lead your soles coming off and cracking of leather on the outside.
To keep your boots clean, dry, and long-lasting, you must follow all these guidelines. Following these will make sure that your boots always look like new!