Our skin is a natural wonder that protects our bodies, but that’s not all. It’s the face you present to the world. We tend to take healthy skin for granted and only notice it when something changes – whether it’s aging, a minor blemish, a skin condition, or acne. Soaking up the sun on a Sunday afternoon, working weekdays, exposure to dust, unhealthy lifestyle, or irregular sleep patterns can all affect your skin, becoming a bigger health concern.
Your skin will probably change for better or worse during your lifetime. Such changes often bring acne into our life. At the first acne breakout, we try to look for a quick-fix solution or just squeezing it seems to be the best option. Although squeezing pimples may make you feel better in the short term, later, the pus might settle down deeper into your skin, making the skin even more inflamed. Squeezing the pimple now and then increases the likelihood of scarring in the long term. Controlling acne can be hard based on the intensity of this illness, but it is not impossible. Acne Dermatologist in Lavelle road will examine you and will provide you with the best solutions.
What are the different types of acne?
Acne can usually be described according to the severity of its symptoms. These can be identified as follows:
• Acne Comedonica – this type of acne is experienced by most of the people during puberty. Also known as mild acne, it occurs primarily on the face and more rarely on the back. Several blackheads and whiteheads can be the symptoms, but the risk of scarring is very low.
• Acne Papulopustulosa – known as the moderate acne, it occurs mostly around puberty or even later in life. Appearing on the face primarily, this acne can make your skin look red and inflamed.
• Acne Conglobata – an extreme form of acne known as severe acne can occur on the face, back, and neck. Its symptoms can include multiple visibly inflamed blemishes that could form cysts and can be painful. This form of acne has a considerable risk of scarring and pigmentation issues.
What causes and triggers acne on the skin?
You must understand the possible causes that can cause and aggravate the blemishes. These may help you to alleviate symptoms and give your skin the care it deserves. Here are some of the most common ones:
An unhealthy, imbalanced diet gives way to acne. You should try to enjoy a varied diet and eliminate foods that you think may trigger blemishes and acne in your skin, such as sugary foods, dairy products, and junk food.
Smoking in itself isn’t good for your body and can affect your skin as well, which might lead to acne. It is best if you quit. If you can’t, at least try to reduce your nicotine intake.
Any medication that includes drugs containing corticosteroids, testosterone, or lithium can worsen your acne. If you feel that a certain medication is exacerbating your acne, consult your doctor for an alternative.
With a busy schedule, it’s difficult to nourish your skin daily. It can lead to acne because of excess oil production and bacteria. That is why it is important to care for the skin properly to preserve health and energy. Make a routine to cleanse your skin in the morning and before you go to bed at night.
The worst way to make your acne stay is to stress out. Try and know a way to unwind. Exercise might help you to let go of your stress.
When should you see a dermatologist?
Acne is experienced by the majority of people at least once in their lives. While in most cases, acne can be easily treated at home with good skincare products, but there are times when a medical professional should be consulted for Acne Treatment. The following are the few reasons to see your dermatologist:
- When the acne is severe and has worsened since its occurrence.
- When over-the-counter treatment is not doing any good for your skin
- When medication did not suit you and has led to the sudden outbreak of acne.
Acne not only affects people’s skin, but it impacts on their quality of life too. Symptoms of acne can be stressful and cause issues around self-confidence. This is just one reason why it’s essential to consult an Acne Dermatologist in Lavelle road if you are in any way troubled by your skin condition.