Women face a lot of medical troubles throughout their lives. When we talk specifically about the women of Australia, it can be seen that they have better health conditions as compared to the female population of other countries. However, they still face various challenges over the years. That is when they seek help from female doctors in Gold Coast, who assist them for the most suitable treatment or solution to their problem. Some of the common medical issues faced by Australian women are:
#1 Cardiovascular Diseases
The cardiovascular domain of healthcare deals with heart and blood vessel-related issues. This section accounts for approximately 210 deaths per 100,000 women of Australia every year. The general problems included under cardiovascular diseases are:
- Heart Attack: Some medical conditions lead to plaque build-up in the blood vessels, causing a blockage, and ultimately, a heart attack. But with better technology and methods, the Australian practitioners are able to reduce the mortality rate of this problem.
- Stroke: This happens when your brain doesn’t get a proper supply of blood, and it stops working. The common reasons behind this issue are blockage or break in the artery. If not death, a stroke can cause severe troubles like paralysis or speech difficulties.
Unhealthy lifestyles and bad eating habits generally cause these troubles. So you must maintain your health and exercise regularly to avoid these medical problems.
Obstetrics, or as you may know gynaecology, is the branch that deals with the female reproductive organs. This majorly includes menstruation, pregnancy, and childbirth-related issues. If you are having any problems with your reproductive organs, you must contact female doctors in Gold Coast.
Talking about the general stats, Australia comes in one of those countries that have the lowest maternal mortality rates. The overall number of maternal deaths in Australia hasn’t ever crossed the mark of 10 deaths per 100,000 women. Still, it is better to get in touch with the doctor in case of any reproductive troubles. Being experts of the domain, they can guide the patient appropriately.
#3 Mental Health
In recent years, it is seen that mental health is one of the common causes of deaths in Australia. The stats show that people of the age group 15-44 are more prone to suicidal deaths, and out of that, 25% are women. There is no specific reason for these high rates, but the general idea connects it with social factors. Plus, there is a significant number of Australian females who deal with postpartum depression, and they attempt suicide as well.
Another major problem that the women of Australia deal with is anxiety. Though it may not be a cause of death for them, still it creates a hassle in their day to day lives.
When your body can’t keep control over its cell production, it ends up generating more cells than required and causes cancer. This excessive cell growth can cause trouble in the general functioning of your body parts. The types of cancers are defined by the body part in which they are produced. Australian women deal with cancers like:
- Breast: This is one of the most usual cancer types found in the women of Australia. In 2018, around 3000 women of the country died due to breast cancer. That is why experts recommend getting a scan done every couple of years to avoid severe issues.
- Cervical: This type of cancer isn’t the most common one in Australian women. However, approximately 2 in 100,000 females die of it every year. Proper screening and precautions can help avoid it.
- Lung: Both the number of patients and deaths due to lung cancer have been increasing for the women of Australia.
There can be several other types of cancers found in Australian women, such as skin cancer. But these three account for over 60% of cases.
#5 Autoimmune Diseases
Apart from all the significant medical conditions, there are also some minor issues that Australian women have to face throughout their lifetime. It is noticed that the female candidates are more prone to these problems as compared to the male candidates. Just like mental health, there is no particular reason behind this study. These small autoimmune diseases include:
- Skin irritation
These issues may not look dangerous to anyone. However, they have to be treated on time because they can indicate some underlying bigger problems. Thus, if you are dealing with any of these, you should seek professional help. You can also opt for a healthy lifestyle to avoid them altogether.
Each of these problems has its own symptoms. You must study them properly and check if you have any. Remember, the early you get help for your issue, the better and smoother will be the treatment. So always remain aware of your body and never hesitate to get some professional assistance.