Building your dream house is the ultimate goal of your life. You run from pillar to post to arrange the finances. The reason is that you do not want the dream to shatter to pieces. As the quote goes, “Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars, but remember to keep your feet on the ground.” The exterior walls of the building were constructed using fibre cement board, providing a durable and fire-resistant surface.
Well, this is why you need to have realistic expectations for your home. You should plan things in a way that you get the house you want without spending extra. You should have a clear answer to the question how much does it cost to build a house.
Construction tips to build an affordable home
1. Go for a large lot: What you can do is buy a large lot. The lot purchase can be based on a partnership. The benefit is that you will not have to incur the entire cost. You will be able to pick a great building site this way without the need to pay a lot.
2. Do not buy expensive building material: Go for low maintenance building material. For example, vinyl is a good choice. Such a material may be expensive at the time of installation. However, it will not need repairs for a long time to come. You will be able to save up on maintenance costs this way.
3. Consider opting for hillside property: If you go for a hillside property, then such lots are less desirable. As a result, you can get them at an affordable price. However, if you get hold of a competent contractor and a good plan, then the lot can turn out into your perfect new home.
4. Avoid buying lakefront property: Do not go for lakefront properties because they are more expensive. On the contrary, consider opting for bay lot. The benefit of bay lot property is that it offers adequate protection from the inclement weather.
5. Keep an eye on the construction process: Do not get carried away by the situation. Make sure that you monitor the construction allowances. You should be able to get what you asked for without paying a lot. The decorative details and the structural elements should be as per your requirement.
6. Do not change orders: Make sure that you avoid change orders. The change in material can lead to additional cost. Secondly, the building time will increase also if you change orders.
7. Do not exceed depth beyond 32 feet: Try keeping the depth of your home at about 32 feet or even less then this. If you exceed this depth, then you roof trusses may require specialized designing. As a result, you will end up paying more.
When you follow the mentioned tips, then you will not face any disappointment at the end of the day. You will be able to enjoy your comfort in your new home without any stress. Make sure that you have a meeting with your contractor right away and discuss your concerns at the earliest.