When you’re looking for a new water heater, there are a few important factors to consider. Whether it’s a tankless or traditional storage-style water heater, making sure you get the best quality and most cost-effective option for your home can save you money and hassle down the road. Here’s a guide to help you make sure you get the right water heater for your Delray Beach, FL, property:
- Determine Your Water Heater Size and Capacity Needs – The size of the water heater you need depends on several factors, including the climate of your area, how many people live in the house, hot water usage levels, and other variables. It’s important to choose the correct size so you don’t overspend or purchase one that isn’t adequate for your needs.
- Consider Available Space – Most traditional storage-style water heaters require a bit more space than tankless varieties. You’ll need to factor in both the size of the heater itself, plus any additional space needed for pipes or ventilation.
- Research Energy Efficiency – Energy efficiency is an important factor when it comes to water heaters. Look at different models and their energy ratings to determine which will save you money over time on your utility bills.
- Choose a Reputable Installer – The installation process can be complicated and requires special tools and expertise. It’s important to choose a reputable installer who has experience with water heater installation in Delray Beach, FL, area, plumbing codes, and regulations as well as local building codes.
- Compare Costs and Reviews – Once you have narrowed down your choices, compare prices from multiple sources, including online retailers and local stores. Additionally, read reviews from past customers to make sure you’re getting the best quality product for your money.
- Consider Warranties – Many water heaters come with a manufacturer’s warranty that covers parts and service for a certain length of time. If possible, it’s always best to get a longer warranty in case any problems arise with your purchase.
However, before considering the above factors, make yourself clear about the types of water heaters available and the installation process.
Types of Water Heaters:
- Traditional Storage-Style Water Heaters – Traditional storage-style water heaters are powered by natural gas, propane, or electricity and use a large tank to store hot water until it is needed. They are generally more cost-effective than tankless models and can provide hot water faster than some other types.
- Tankless Water Heaters – Tankless water heaters don’t use a storage tank; instead they heat water as it is used, eliminating the need for a large tank and saving energy over time. They have the advantage of being compact in size but can take longer to produce hot water at full capacity than traditional storage-style water heaters.
- Heat Pump Water Heaters – Heat pump water heaters use electricity to transfer heat from the air around them into a storage tank, making them more efficient than traditional electric-powered models. While they require more space and maintenance than other types of water heaters, their energy efficiency makes them an attractive option for many homeowners.
- Shut off the water supply to the house.
- Disconnect the old heater and remove it from its location.
- Connect the new water heater to the existing plumbing and electrical wiring (if applicable).
- Turn on the water supply and check for leaks.
- Test the water temperature using a thermometer to make sure that it is within an acceptable range before use.
- Inspect all fittings and connections for any signs of corrosion or damage, then replace them if necessary or hire a professional to do so as needed
- Carefully review your owner’s manual for additional safety precautions and maintenance suggestions, such as draining your water heater periodically to reduce corrosion.
By taking the time to properly research and consider these factors, you can be sure that you purchase the best water heater for your Delray Beach property. In addition, working with a qualified and experienced installer ensures that your new heater is installed correctly and efficiently. Taking these steps will ensure that you get many years of reliable hot water service from your new water heater. For more information, contact Atlas Home Services at 561-734-8200.